|Learn more: http://atyourlibrary.org/national-library-week|
- Our librarians know us by name and they are the best in the WORLD.
- They don't hold it against us when we check out our limit (40 books per person that's 160 total and we have maxed out.)
- "The library is nice and Quiet." (The Dad)
- Two words: Interlibrary Loan. Book from Ohio, no problem, oh and no charge.
- There is always a book I wasn't expecting just waiting, for me. (The Mom)
- During flu season, I've watched as they carefully wipe down books and stand them on their spines in a row to dry, so lovely, like little inspiration soldiers all ready to get back to the field.
- "Has all the books we like and great owners." (The Little Sister)
- The entire catalog is online so we can browse and hold books anytime of the day, the Mom is known to do her best browsing late night.
- "So many great books that you can borrow for free." (The Big Sister)
- They email us three days before the books are overdue... so we can just go online and renew them (up to SIX times!)
(* We consider "our" library to be Interlochen Library, but it is part of the Traverse Area District Library --and without their Woodmere Branch and its amazing selection, we would have to Interlibrary Loan a bit more!)
Feel free to share any library love stories or tell us about your favorite library in the Comments below.
This is an updated reprint from the BFWP Vault.