Tell us more about YOU:
- Share your story: why you love to read? Do you remember the first book you read?
Tell us more about your favorite place to read or about a book you read every year, over and over. Is there an author or a book that you wish everyone would read? Tell us, click here.
- Explain your reading life, in six words! Click here for more.
Read about LIBRARIES and other good stuff:
- Have you heard about what's happening at Troy Public Library? They are working hard to keep their doors open to the public (more on that next week), just celebrated their 40th birthday and have a collection of some amazing letters written to children from authors, public figures and other interesting folks --a wonderful time capsule and testament to the value of libraries --read all about it and take a look at the letters.
- Tell us about your favorite library! Click here.
- Read a story, in pictures about San Francisco Public Library.
- Want to learn more about your privacy rights? Focus on Libraries: Choose Privacy Week
- Is the book "dead"? Focus on Libraries: "Let’s choose to be a literate society." Pam Munoz Ryan
CHALLENGES and Books for Walls Project FUN:
- Reading a good book? Tell us What Are You Reading RIGHT NOW! Challenge May 2011
- Know a good first line? Leave one, guess one, have FUN: What's Your Opening Line? Challenge
- Love Poetry? Thirteen Ways to Look at _______ Challenge
- Planning your summer vacation? We have some ideas: Poetry in a Vacation Challenge or Literary Vacation Challenge
- Dr. Suess Love: The A book, a quote! Tell us, please do! Which is the Best of the Best Seuss for You? Challenge
- What IS the Books for Walls Project exactly? We've had some great interviews in the press and on the radio, click here. Read a story about how we came up with the name "Books for Walls".
How to SHARE and FOLLOW along @ Books for Walls Project:
- Use the handy sharing tools at the bottom of each post!
- Easy, send a link to your friends: www.booksforwallsproject.org
- RSS FEEDS: We suggest subscribing to both the posts and comments since the comments are where all the fun happens.
- FACEBOOK: On Facebook we try to share interesting up to the minute bibliophile-ish news and information, "like" http://www.facebook.com/TheBooksforWallsProject and stay in touch!
- TWITTER: The Sisters voted "yes" on Twitter. Come on and follow twitter.com/booksforwalls. We post all sorts of fun things about books, libraries and working toward our goals on Twitter.
- EMAIL DELIVERY:Enter your email address and our posts will be delivered to your email box:
Thanks for stopping by The Books for Walls Project,
where every day is a good day to read a book!